Soft Shell Crab Sandwich
Found this mouth-watering Soft Shell Crab Sandwich
in Food and Wine Magazine that my father-in-law gifts me with every year! What a guy! What a gift! What a great blue crab
meat recipe! Mom always told us kids, "if you find a good thing, share it!" So, here you go!...Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup-Mayonnaise
- 3-Cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon-Minced Red Onion
- 2 teaspoons-Chopped Tarragon
- 1 teaspoon-Capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon-Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper-to taste
- 4 slices of Pancetta (2 ounces)
- 2 Tablespoons-Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons-Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-Jumbo Soft-Shell Crabs
- All-purpose Flour-for dusting
- 4-Large Brioche Buns, split and toasted
- 1-5-Ounce bunch of Arugula, trimmed
- 1-Large Tomatoe, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, cornichons, red onion, tarragon, capers and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, arrange the pancetta slices in a single layer. Place a flat pot lid, slightly smaller than the skillet, directly on the pancetta to weight it down.
Cook over moderate heat, turning once, until the pancetta is crisp, about 6 minutes.
Transfer the pancetta to paper towels and wipe out the skillet.
In the skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil.
Season the soft-shell crabs with salt and pepper and dust them generously with flour. Add the crabs to the skillet and cook over high heat, turning once, until crisp, about 7 minutes.
Spread the remoulade on the cut sides of the buns. Arrange the pancetta on the bottoms and top with the arugula, tomato slices and crabs.
Close the sandwiches, cut them in half and serve and "Enjoy!"
Go back to Crab Meat Recipes
and find some more great recipes.
Check out some of our Crab Salad Recipes
that will go well with these!
Check out Crab-O-Licious.com Homepage
and find more useful information about crab! "Catch 'em! Clean 'em! Cook 'em! Eat 'em!"