Crab Chili Recipe
Try this Crab Chili recipe, you may never go back to hamburger. Noone says you "have to" always use hamburger or steak to make a good hearty chili. If anyone did, we would have to beg to differ...
- 2 Pounds-White Kidney Beans
- 2 Medium Onions-chopped
- 1 Small Can-Green Chili's-diced
- 1 Tablespoon-Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons-Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Cup-Cilantro-chopped
- 2 Tablespoons-Oregano-chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon-Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon-Ground Cloves
- 1 Ham Hock
- 1 Gallon-Chicken Stock
- 12 Ounces-Shredded Cheese
- 24 Ounces-Sour Cream-Lite
- 2 Pounds-Crab Meat-pick for shells
- 1/4 Cup-Olive Oil-Lite
- 1/4 Cup-Bacon-cooked crisp-crumbled
Wash the beans. Cover water 3 inches over the beans and soak over night.
Heat oil in large pot. Saute onions, chilies and garlic until soft.
Add cumin, cilantro, oregano, cayenne and cloves.
Add beans, ham hock and chicken stock to the mixture and cook until beans are
soft, about 3 to 4 hours.
Add cheese, sour cream and then the crab meat, stirring well after adding each ingredient.
Garnish each serving with crisp bacon and croutons.
This Crab Chili Recipe serves 6-8.
Go back to Crab Soup Recipes
and find some more great recipes.
Check out some of our Crab Salad Recipes
that will go well with these crab soups!
Check out Crab-O-Licious.com Homepage
and find more useful information about crab! "Catch 'em! Clean 'em! Cook 'em! Eat 'em!"