Deviled Crab Recipe
This deviled crab recipe is a classic made with canned crab meat. Use fresh if you have it!
- 2 Tablespoons-Butter or Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons-Flour
- 1 Cup-Milk or Light Cream
- 3 Dashes-Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco)
- 1-Egg-Hard Boiled-Chopped
- 1-6 Ounce Can-Crab Meat
- 1/2 Cup-Shredded Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons-Pimiento-Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon-Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup-Dry Bread Crumbs-Finely Crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon-Butter or Margarine-melted
- 1/2 Cup-Sliced Almonds-Toasted
In medium sized sauce pan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine. Stir in the flour. Add milk and hot pepper sauce, stir and cook until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in the crab meat, chopped hard boiled egg, cheese, pimiento and mustard. Stir well.
Spoon into 10 ounce casseroles or coquille shells.
Toss bread crumbs with the 1 tablespoon of melted butter or margarine and sprinkle over casseroles and top with almonds.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or till the top is browned.
This deviled crab recipe serves 4.
See our favorite Crab Meat Recipes, here.
Go back to Crab Appetizer Recipes
and find some more great crab starter ideas!
Check out some of our Crab Salad Recipes
that will go well with these crab soups!
Check out Crab-O-Licious.com Homepage
and find more useful information about crab! "Catch 'em! Clean 'em! Cook 'em! Eat 'em!"